“Personal Data” includes all information collected and stored in a form that allows you to be personally identified, directly (e.g. by name and surname) or indirectly (e.g. by phone) as a natural person. Before you submit this information, we recommend that you read this document, which describes our privacy and personal data protection guidelines.
Protection of personal data
The Hotel respects your privacy and treats all your personal data as confidential information. When processing and managing your personal information, we act responsibly and take the necessary steps to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, and we keep your personal information accurate and up to date as much as possible. All employees are obliged to maintain confidentiality and protect all personal data that they have access to at the workplace where they are employed, and are obliged to use them solely for a specific (prescribed) purpose, for the purpose of providing guest or client service or for the purpose of meeting the obligations of the Hotel from the contract relations.
Protection of personal data of a child
The Hotel advises parents and guardians to teach children about responsible and safe use of personal information on the Internet. The Hotel does not collect or intends to collect personal data of persons under the age of 18 and will not use them in any way or disclose them to third parties (except for the personal data required by law when making a reservation for a minor’s stay at the Hotel with the presence of a parent or guardian). We would be grateful if your child would not provide any personal information without your permission.
- first and last name
- e-mail address
- telephone, mobile or fax number
- credit card information
- OIB (personal identification number)
- IBAN and other information you provide during the payment process or payment insurance
- any other information that you mention and which you want to remain secret
- resume when applying for a job or an open application for employment
We will take all reasonable measures to ensure the accuracy and completeness of any personal data processed by the Hotel.
The term “sensitive data” refers to data relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, sexual life or sexual orientation, genetic data, criminal records and any other biometric data that is used for the purpose of a unique identification. Pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Regulation, the Hotel does not collect or intends to collect sensitive data. We may act upon your explicit request or instruction that you have voluntarily provided in order to protect your health and life (such as allergies to certain foods and ingredients, gluten or lactose intolerance, etc.) or to adequately serve and meet your specific requirements and needs (e.g. access for people with disabilities, etc.).
Ways of processing personal data
In each interaction or contact with a guest, client or business partner and in every segment of our business we may collect personal data, which you may provide in the following ways:
- by asking for and requesting information regarding reservation of a service, stay or visit to our hotel
- during communication with us by phone, e-mail, social networks, fax and other channels
- when paying in our Hotel
- in the process of booking and making reservations of other services (conferences and banquets, food and beverage services, wellness)
- during the process of organizing events at the Hotel
- by completing surveys after your stay, by providing feedback or reviews regarding your stay or use of our services and products;
- when visiting our stands at fairs and similar events
- by participating in prize competitions or promotions
- by subscribing to our newsletter mailing list (e-mail addresses)
- during other ways of communication and correspondence
We may also receive personal information from third parties with whom we have a close cooperation (including, for example, travel agencies and booking service providers, event and congress organization agencies, business partners, co-operators or suppliers of technical services, payment and delivery services, and the like).
Purpose of processed data
All information we receive or request is used solely for the following purposes:
- the most effective response to your inquiry
- providing information about the Hotel’s accommodation, conferences, events and other services
- providing the services you have requested from us (accommodation, organization of events, seminars, celebrations and other)
- carrying out obligations arising from various agreements between you and the Hotel, such as making reservations and booking (contractual obligation)
- entering the Hotel’s computer system and registering using the eVisitor system upon your arrival at the Hotel in order to process data and maintain records (required by law)
- for providing and charging for services
- making booking confirmations, offers, invoices and other documents (contractual obligations)
- improving your stay at the Hotel
- using your feedback to improve our services
- our internal statistical data processing
If you would like to receive news and information about our special offers, discounts and other services via our newsletter, please subscribe at www.hotel-aristos.hr. By subscribing to the Hotel’s newsletter mailing list, you give your explicit consent to receive newsletters in your mailbox (e-mail). You can also withdraw your consent at any time and unsubscribe from our newsletter mailing list. Unsubscribing from the mailing list does not affect the legitimacy of data processing during the time leading to subscription cancellation.
Cookies and Internet technologies
The Hotel processes personal data of applicants and keeps the collected information until the recruitment process is completed. After its completion, the Hotel keeps personal data of selected candidates with whom it concludes an employment contract along with the data of candidates that gave consent to remain in our database for 2 years after applying for a job. Personal data of applicants is accessible only to the authorized personnel of the Hotel. Other applications are erased from the mailbox and printed documents are destroyed in an appropriate manner.
Open job applications
Open job applications submitted by candidates that wish to work for us are kept for 2 years from the day of receiving an open application. Personal data collected from open job applications is accessible only to authorized personnel of the Hotel, in case the information was sent to the Hotel’s e-mail intended for these purposes: email@example.com.
The Hotel processes only the personal data you have voluntarily provided and uses it for the purpose of providing its services. We may share your personal information with third parties if we have your consent or, if necessary, to fulfill the contractual obligations, i.e. provide the services you have requested.
By subscribing to our newsletter mailing list, you give your explicit consent to receive newsletter in your mailbox (e-mail).
The Hotel holds no responsibility for accidental errors or errors due to a force majeure or other objective circumstances that might have caused accidental and unintentional violations of the guaranteed personal data protection, but guarantees that the error will be corrected, if possible, as soon as possible.
Processing and storing data
The Hotel will process your data for as long as it is necessary to achieve the above stated purposes. The Hotel will store your information as long as required or permitted in accordance with applicable legal regulations. After the termination of the contractual relationship, the Hotel stores a client’s data for 11 years (in accordance with legal regulations) and, in the case of consent and legitimate interest (as a legal basis for data processing), the Hotel stores data up to the moment of consent withdrawal or complaint about the legitimate interest in processing.
Checking, modifying or erasing personal data
You can check or modify your personal information at any time or request a deletion of personal information you have provided when you visited our website or otherwise (if this information is still in our database). If you wish to exercise this right, please contact the Data Protection Officer via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or in writing to the address of the Controller: Turopolis d.o.o., Hotel Aristos, Cebini 33, 10010 Zagreb.
Updated on May 25, 2018